* Login 

Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

Supper 25 Cent Wings at Hunter's Ale House for $0.25 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: September 7th, 2005, 9:27 pm 

Location: hmmm handle says from Souris, but in Ch-town........sounds like a toughie
consider it done, bring rum...

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 7th, 2005, 9:38 pm 

umm how bout beer.. since ur not a vodka man

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 7th, 2005, 10:14 pm 

I grew up in little pond, graduated Montague high school, but now go to upei in ch'town.

I originally posted to defend a girl I worked with because there was slaunder about her on this site. she deserved some of it for sure, but people had no right to promote the slaunder on a site like this because she had no idea (and still doesn't) know that it was on here and she couldn't possibly defend herself.

The girl too has depression problems. I actually asked JM to delete the posts because (a friend and I) didn't want her to find out because she is sensitive (and possibly suicidal) no matter what people think. And only because she couldn't defend herself and because people had no right.

I then met Jm and started posting regularly

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 7th, 2005, 10:17 pm 

Location: hmmm handle says from Souris, but in Ch-town........sounds like a toughie
supergirl....ahem....

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 7th, 2005, 10:29 pm 
True Islander

That was very thoughtful Supergirl.

I probably shouldn't admit this online. I'm doing so to demonstrate people suffering from clinical depression don't stand out in a crowd. The disease is horrible when one suffers from it. Many think depression is just someone that cannot deal with sadness but it is a true disease with biological causes.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 7th, 2005, 10:39 pm 

you are absolutly right. the people you would think could be the lest depressed are usually the ones who have the most problems holding it all together

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 7th, 2005, 10:55 pm 

I had a pretty severe bout with clinical depression during my teen years, thoughts of suicide were quite common. Don't think it was brought on biologically/chemically but rather by life circumstances. Getting abuse on two fronts, home and school, can be a real bitch...

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." --Aesop

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 7th, 2005, 11:01 pm 
True Islander

stevebeairsto wrote:
I had a pretty severe bout with clinical depression during my teen years, thoughts of suicide were quite common. Don't think it was brought on biologically/chemically but rather by life circumstances. Getting abuse on two fronts, home and school, can be a real bitch...

I hear you Steve. Actually, for the way depression works is biological. Our ability to deal with life problems is impeded. Many do not know that definate genetic links have been found for the disease and it tends to run in families.

Thats not to say you were not just dealing with s#!t. Everyone is different. What is unfortunate on PEI is that we have terrible psychiatric care here. On PEI it can take a few botched suicides to see a shrink for more then 5 minutes.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 7th, 2005, 11:06 pm 

Actually, for the way depression works is biological. Our ability to deal with life problems is impeded. Many do not know that definate genetic links have been found for the disease and it tends to run in families.

Oh, I know only too well. The height of my illness hit especially around the age of 19, and were it not for the support system of a few friends I had at the time, God only knows what would've happened. I was at the point where I just couldn't function, I started dwelling on stuff that happened years ago incessantly.

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." --Aesop

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 8th, 2005, 1:10 am 
True Islander

stevebeairsto wrote:
Getting abuse on two fronts, home and school, can be a real bitch...
Yep, I know that feeling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 8th, 2005, 1:15 am 
True Islander

Heh...guess I have a lot of company.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 8th, 2005, 5:28 am 
Almost an Islander

I was born and raised in Digby NS,lived in Ont for a couple of years,moved to Pei,this is my second time here.PEI talk... not sure how i found it.I think i saw a link somewhere for it,cant remember though.I dont post to much but like reading it everyday. I know ill where a nametag next coffee meet. :D later Steve

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 8th, 2005, 6:49 am 
Site Admin (volunteer)

I was born in Edmundston, N.B. and at the age of 13, my parents moved to Montreal (Pointe-Claire to be exact) where we lived till I graduated high school at 17 the year my folks moved back to Edmundston. I went off to university for 3 years and freshly armed in computer sciences was recuited to work for a mainframe manufacturer in Montreal. Over the next 15 years, I married and started raising my family first in Ile Perrot then Pincourt, towns just off the west end of Montreal Island. In the early mid-eighties, I was starting to get disgusted with the political situation in Québec and started looking around for employment outside the province.

Surprisingly, I discovered that the business founded by my great grandfather in Summerside used the same brand of mainframe that I had gained considerable expertise with, and coincidentally they just happened to be looking for a senior systems analyst/ software developer ... and so, my family and I made the big move from Montreal to Summerside in 1984.

My marriage failed in 2000 and I moved to Charlottetown (where I was by then working). I met a wonderful woman and we bought a house in East Royalty in 2002 and got married this past summer.

I found PEIinfo in pretty much the same way that others such as Rob, Whiner and Maura did ... first participating in the board at DizzyBlock, then moving on to PEIchat and then to PEIinfo.

Have I put everyone to sleep by now? :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 8th, 2005, 8:56 am 
Almost an Islander

from Gatineau

raised by wolves

not sure how i found this site

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 8th, 2005, 9:13 am 
True Islander

The name Gatineau gives me shivers. Brings back memories of Sailing on the HMCS Gatineau :)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 8th, 2005, 9:31 am 

lol.. take out the 'in' and you gateau.. mmm cake.. there think of that instead

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 8th, 2005, 9:32 am 
I was born and raised in St Lambert P.Q. . I presently live in Eastern Ontario near Cornwall. I work in Montreal. I found this site from a real estate broker. Never met the fellow. Don,t even know who is is! But I think he was from Mol Real Estate.
I started reading this site when it was new and Peichat was still going. Not knowing computers I couldn,t figure out what the hell was going on here. But I started writing my own comments. Kreskin asked me to join Peichat which I did but I could see it was going to shut down eventually and stayed here. I felt comfortable at both sites.
I stayed with this site and I have met alot of Islanders here of all ages and try to see them or introduce myself to them when I am down your way. The only way I would quit this site is if it shut down. I feel like its my own. I have particpated in other sites but the peolpe have not been as sincere as they are here. I think what really keeps this site going is the meet and greets. Its a uniique feature that I don,t think any other site has!
One thing that does upset me is when people leave for what ever reason and you never know what happened to them!I have to give John and the members a thumbs up for working hard to keep this site going! :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 8th, 2005, 2:06 pm 
Almost an Islander

I am from my mother's egg and my father's sperm and proud of it. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 8th, 2005, 4:39 pm 
Almost an Islander

I'm from Poplar Point. It amazes me at how many people are from near to me... Little Pond, Souris area... it's nice!

I came here by accident, looking for some PEI-related info one day, I think.

Supergirl, I dunno who you are, but I bet I know who you are... if that makes any sense. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 8th, 2005, 7:39 pm 
Almost an Islander

Having moved so many times, before landing in PEI, I can't start to say where I'm from. But, for the past 15 years I've lived near Mount Stewart. Looks like I have my moving days behind me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next