Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Farewell and goodbye
PostPosted: August 20th, 2008, 8:58 am 
Almost an Islander

I don't know hardly any of you, nor have I spent too much time on this board. But, this was a great source of information last year when I first came to live in PEI.

For many reasons, my family and I are moving back west. I have nothing but fond memories of PEI (well, some not so fond memories of certain drivers)... and I wil definitely miss the "Gentle Isle".

All the best!

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 20th, 2008, 9:00 am 
What!!! No hosting a M&G so we can really give you a reason to run off the Island!!!

Farwell. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 20th, 2008, 10:01 am 
Almost an Islander

Good Luck with the move Corden..........best wishes and safe travel. We will likely be returning to Ontario at the end of this school year and we will definitely miss the beaches.......if it ever stops raining so we can use them LOL ....Take care

Post subject: Re: Farewell and goodbye
PostPosted: August 20th, 2008, 11:52 am 
True Islander

Corden wrote:
I don't know hardly any of you, nor have I spent too much time on this board. But, this was a great source of information last year when I first came to live in PEI.

For many reasons, my family and I are moving back west. I have nothing but fond memories of PEI (well, some not so fond memories of certain drivers)... and I wil definitely miss the "Gentle Isle".

All the best!

Just curious......( because we were thinking about moving off island but have not made the final decision yet ) what is it that is moving you back out west? ( i dont mean personal reasons like my granny is sick etc )..just wondered if it was about the lack, etc here ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 20th, 2008, 1:21 pm 
Almost an Islander

The biggest deciding factor was work. I've been on contracts since I got here... and I have a chance to get back in on a full time permanent job, making some more money. Nothing lacking here, at least nothing we couldn't work around.

Cost of living, surprisingly, was another factor. Heating ones home with natural gas is quite a bit cheaper than what we were paying for oil. While it wasn't the only reason for the move, it made the final decision a bit easier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 20th, 2008, 2:36 pm 
True Islander

Corden wrote:
The biggest deciding factor was work. I've been on contracts since I got here... and I have a chance to get back in on a full time permanent job, making some more money. Nothing lacking here, at least nothing we couldn't work around.

Cost of living, surprisingly, was another factor. Heating ones home with natural gas is quite a bit cheaper than what we were paying for oil. While it wasn't the only reason for the move, it made the final decision a bit easier.

That all makes much sense....probably the same reasons why any of the rest of us want to leave.........

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 20th, 2008, 8:40 pm 
True Islander

Well out there or here, no reason for not posting on this board from time to time. The internet has no borders and your account will still be active unless you delete it, and it would be interesting to here how things are going out there. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 20th, 2008, 9:35 pm 

I’ve been here 29 years now and never thought of moving back ‘home‘, too much hustle and bustle there for me now. Too each his own, so good luck in your new endeavors Corden. Enjoyed reading your posts, so keep in touch.