* Register

* Login 

Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: CBC News vs The Guardian News
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2008, 7:36 am 
True Islander

Great examples of our media. Notice the difference in the stories.
Please note, this is about the information provided by each media outlet and NOT the story.

CBC News wrote:
Three people died in two highway accidents on P.E.I. over the weekend.

The first was in Tignish in western P.E.I. Friday evening. RCMP said a car left Dalton Avenue and struck a culvert. A 47-year-old man was taken by ambulance to Western Hospital in Alberton where he was later pronounced dead. The investigation into the cause of the crash continues.

On Saturday morning, two people died as the result of a head-on collision on the Trans-Canada Highway near Stratford. Both drivers were the lone occupants of the vehicles. They were pronounced dead at the scene.

RCMP said one of the drivers was from the Georgetown area, the other from Pleasant Grove. Traffic was re-directed for several hours Saturday morning. The investigation into the cause of that crash continues as well.

RCMP have not released the names of any of the victims.

The Guardian wrote:
Weekend traffic accidents claim three men print this article
EDITORIAL STAFF
The Guardian

Three people are dead following two car accidents over the weekend.
On Friday, RCMP responded to a single-vehicle accident around 6:30 p.m. on Dalton Avenue in Tignish.
The 47-year-old driver, whose name hasn’t been released, was the sole occupant of the vehicle. He was taken by ambulance to Western Hospital in Alberton, where he was pronounced dead.
The accident occurred when the car went off the road and struck a culvert.
Less than 12 hours later, a head-on collision claimed two more lives.
The accident occurred on the Trans-Canada Highway near Stratford sometime around 5 a.m. Saturday.
Twenty-five-year-old Blair Joseph Gotell of Georgetown and 35-year-old Rodney Bruce Clow of Pleasant Grove were the sole occupants of the vehicles and were pronounced dead at the scene.
Traffic was redirected for several hours Saturday following the accident. Autopsies will be conducted on the men.
The investigation is ongoing in both incidents.
Gotell is resting at Ferguson’s Funeral Home in Montague, with visitation taking place Tuesday from 2-4 and 7-9 p.m. A gathering of remembrance will take place at St. James Church in Georgetown at 1:45 p.m. Wednesday.
Clow is resting at MacLean Funeral Home in Charlottetown with visitations Tuesday from 2-4 and 7-9 p.m. His funeral will be at York United Church at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2008, 8:00 am 

What is the time frame in which they were both released? Was the guardian after the CBC news, before..around the same time??

"If you have fear of some pain or suffering, you should examine whether there is anything you can do about it. If you can, there is no need to worry about it; if you cannot do anything, then there is also no need to worry." HHDL

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2008, 8:01 am 
True Islander

CBC was this morning, the guardian yesterday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2008, 10:26 am 
Almost an Islander

CBC doesn't have any weekend staff updating their website - the Guardian does. I expect that when the CBC staff arrive to do their morning show, the website is not high on their priority list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2008, 11:56 am 
True Islander

Weekend staff is one thing....but when a CBC report comes out on Monday saying a lot less then what was said the day before makes ya wonder if the CBC was just publishing news to publish news or if they actually did some work on it.