* Register

* Login 

Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Squirrels Running Inside The Soffits
PostPosted: March 20th, 2017, 6:12 pm 

First day of spring so I guess the squirrels woke up and decided to play. We could hear them running inside the soffits and chittering away. I sent for estimates to see what it would cost to get rid of them. Some suggestions were to put moth balls in plastic baggies and then poke holes in them and spread them around the attic. Another one was to spray fox urine on cotton balls and spread them around. One other suggestion was to buy a high frequency electronic device and install it in the attic.

Has anybody ever had these cute but dangerous critters inside their house? I would like any feedback on what works and how to keep them out. We don't know where they are getting inside the house. There were two of them running around our deck today which is on the second level of the house.

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Squirrels Running Inside The Soffits
PostPosted: March 21st, 2017, 7:58 am 
Almost an Islander

Check around foundation. You say you have deck, so check under there (next to foundation or where connects to house). They only need a hole size of golf ball.

Set rat traps to kill them. The plastic ones are easier to set than old fashion ones.

Check along rain gutters that go to roof (could climb up them). Any posts next to house.

PostPosted: March 21st, 2017, 9:56 pm 

balkoth wrote:
Check around foundation. You say you have deck, so check under there (next to foundation or where connects to house). They only need a hole size of golf ball.

Set rat traps to kill them. The plastic ones are easier to set than old fashion ones.

Check along rain gutters that go to roof (could climb up them). Any posts next to house.

Hi and thanks for that advice. The deck is on the upper level but they could just run up the steps to get to it. We saw them going inside the downspout, which I guess is how they got access to inside the soffits. There are neighbour's trees beside the house with overhanging branches on this side, which they could jump on the roof or the gutters. We can't access the attic ourselves to check up there so we will leave that up to the experts.

PostPosted: March 25th, 2017, 7:08 pm 

We had some squirrels in our attic several years ago. An exterminator suggested that we set rat traps on the roof and use cut up apples for bait. It worked.