Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

Lunch Taco Bar at Chartwells UPEI for $4.99 [Remind Me]

Supper Martini Mondays at The Old Triangle Irish Alehouse for $5.00 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Monday Lunch Special at Beanz Espresso Bar for $9.80 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special GamJa-tang(Pork bone on the soup) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $12.89 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: CGHS - Class of 1993
PostPosted: July 15th, 2005, 10:41 pm 
Almost an Islander

Hi. Did you graduate from Colonel Gray in 1993? Did you miss the reunion like I did? Are you thinking it's ridiculous that we should have to wait another ten years to get together or to even have a one time event during the year?

Come on Grads! We are a great bunch and I think we owe it to ourselves to stop wondering how everyone is doing and get out there and meet without the formal attire and pretenses. Here's my idea:

Grads of '93 wanting to reconnect should try to meet once a month. The same day every month. That's 12 times a year for those that aren't in the know. :P That way, we are bound to run into each other at one point or another without trying to work our busy, glamourous lives around a single window of opportunity. And there's no worries if you miss meeting one month, there will always be another time. And if you live abroad and are home for a short time, well now you know well in advance when we would be getting together.

Of course those who know me know that I'm the first to balk at actually calling/emailing/communicating. But just know that my heart is in the right place and I would love to see people again and see how they're doing. I was thinking about having a coffee once a month at the local coffee shop. Maybe in the evening after supper?

So how's about it? Let me know what you think, but be gentle. :)

- Georgina Bassett -

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 22nd, 2005, 9:04 am 
Newly Created Account

Well, I didn't really "miss" the reunion - I just didn't go. :lol: 'Twas apathy at its best.

I love the idea of an informal gathering once a month. An evening of coffee and conversation sans enfants is very appealing.

Rachel (Broderick) MacAusland

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 24th, 2005, 9:24 pm 
Almost an Islander

Hi Rachel,

What about the 26th of every month. We could meet at the Robins Donut Shop on the Trans Canada Hwy (along the strip of motels, near Wal-mart entrance). We could do it this Tuesday at 6pm, although I will have to take the sidekick with me.

It's good for me if it's good for at least someone else. ;)

-g

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 25th, 2005, 8:04 pm 
Newly Created Account

This week doesn't work for me - we're getting ready for a family reunion this weekend and I have to get the house ready for guests. Fun, fun, fun.

The 26th of August probably won't work either - we have tentative plans to see Sketch 22.

Any other days work for you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 28th, 2005, 10:01 pm 
Almost an Islander

Okay how about the 9th of every month. I guess my point is that maybe it won't be good for me this month, or you next month, but maybe one month we'll meet, maybe others will find the date okay?

Let's try Tuesday, August 9 @ 7pm @ Robin's on Trans Canada (close to Pal's Sportsbar and Sober's Music).

Someone should remind me though, I'll probably forget. :)

-g

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 3rd, 2007, 8:11 am 
Almost an Islander

class of 93 here.. didnt like the people back then and probly still dont today. i wont be attending. lol