Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

Lunch Taco Bar at Chartwells UPEI for $4.99 [Remind Me]

Supper Martini Mondays at The Old Triangle Irish Alehouse for $5.00 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Monday Lunch Special at Beanz Espresso Bar for $9.80 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special GamJa-tang(Pork bone on the soup) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $12.89 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: classmates.com
PostPosted: July 24th, 2004, 9:02 pm 
Have any of you guys ever subscibed to classmates.com! I was looking at some of the names of old school mates and I am a little apprehensive about giving this outfit my charge card number! I am very curious as to where and what they did with there lives as I approach my senior years!Out of all the kids I knew in school I have lost touch with all of them except one who I am in touch wih on a regular bases! This guys is a lawyer and I am a tradesman and we used to get along real great but as time goes by He and myself have different ideals but we are glad that we keep in touch!
Being from Quebec I think most of my school mates left the province during the mid seventies for better political climates but I am not sure! :? :?
I used to think what ever happen to the people who lived in this house or that house in my old hometown! well I was over at a graveyard the other day visiting my parents gravesite and I found alot of the people that lived in those houses buried in that graceyard! I figured they had moved to some other Province! It sort of shocked me and also brought back alot of memories of hanging around with there kids!

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 24th, 2004, 9:15 pm 
Almost an Islander

anxious to find out also if anyone has tried (paid) for the service. Im a member (non-paying) with my class but next year is my 20th reunion and was thinking about subscribing to get in contact with friends from school before I head back home to the reunion.

*waiting with lanc* :wink:

Complaining is good for you as long as you're not complaining to the person you're complaining about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 25th, 2004, 7:25 am 
Site Admin (volunteer)

I'm a non-paying member also, have been for years. The advantage of at least listing yourself is that if anyone wants to organize a reunion, THEY can become a "gold member" and contact us. I've been contacted 3 times in last few years for reunions (just our class, a range of class years and a big school anniversary) via Classmates.com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 25th, 2004, 7:39 am 

I have been a paying member for a year now and have not had any problems. This is good if you want to contact any of your classmates. Also good if you want to set up a reunion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 25th, 2004, 10:20 am 

I see familiar names in the classmates.com, but what if I was to sign up and these people listed didn't? There I'd be with a gold membership and still not be able to contact the one I want. :cry:

The only ones you would be able to get email and other information from are ones that are paying members, right?? :?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 25th, 2004, 10:53 am 
Site Admin (volunteer)

As I understand it, the paying members have access to the email addresses of all members, even the non-paying ones. Contact can then be made directly.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 25th, 2004, 5:06 pm 
Thanks guys for the advice! I will probably give it a try! I checked the years I was in school and there was 15 pages of names and only about 8 paid up members! They always were tighter than a ducks ass! :lol: :lol: I gues I will be the sucker and spring for the email addresses! :cry: :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 25th, 2004, 5:13 pm 
Champ: Did ya take a 3month or 1yr subsription!

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 25th, 2004, 5:42 pm 

1 year Lanc, and yes if you get a membership you can contact anyone even if they are as tight as lanc's buddies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 25th, 2004, 7:27 pm 
Kreskin wrote:
I'm a non-paying member also, have been for years. The advantage of at least listing yourself is that if anyone wants to organize a reunion, THEY can become a "gold member" and contact us. I've been contacted 3 times in last few years for reunions (just our class, a range of class years and a big school anniversary) via Classmates.com

Keskin,as usual I am a little slow! :lol: As you are a non Gold Member! Has a Gold Member school chum ever contacted you through an email? :?
Champ: As a gold member have you had any replies from non Gold members that you have written to?
Thanks again!Its a real big decission! :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 25th, 2004, 8:09 pm 
Site Admin (volunteer)

lanc wrote:
Kreskin wrote:

Keskin,as usual I am a little slow! :lol: As you are a non Gold Member! Has a Gold Member school chum ever contacted you through an email? :?

Yes, as I stated, on 3 seperate occasions a different reunion organizer (each of whom was a gold member) contacted me via email (having gotten my email address from Classmates). In each case, they provided me with their own email address so that I could respond directly to them without having to go through Classmates.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 26th, 2004, 1:40 pm 
Site Admin (volunteer)

Listen to me carefully: DO NOT SIGN UP WITH CLASSMATES.COM! I'm warning you. You'll be baraged with emails every second of the day "...john smith, you have new classmates!" Everytime someone who went to your school signs up, you get the announcement. And it doesn't even matter WHEN they went to your school...you could have graduated in 1998 and someone else who graduated in 1965 signs up and you get a notice of it. And to find out who it is, you have to go through computer boot camp.

Plus, there's no way to unsubscribe, unless you know the caramilk secret.

The only way I inadvertantly unsubscribed was by getting a new computer and new email. THEY'LL NEVER FIND ME AGAIN!! HAHAHAHAHA.

Trust me, unless you're into long-term relationships and getting emails from Classmates.com but not from any body you actually know, then don't bother with it. It's a racket.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 26th, 2004, 1:58 pm 
Almost an Islander

FRANKIE wrote:
Listen to me carefully: DO NOT SIGN UP WITH CLASSMATES.COM! I'm warning you. You'll be baraged with emails every second of the day "...john smith, you have new classmates!" Everytime someone who went to your school signs up, you get the announcement. And it doesn't even matter WHEN they went to your school...you could have graduated in 1998 and someone else who graduated in 1965 signs up and you get a notice of it. And to find out who it is, you have to go through computer boot camp.

Plus, there's no way to unsubscribe, unless you know the caramilk secret.

The only way I inadvertantly unsubscribed was by getting a new computer and new email. THEY'LL NEVER FIND ME AGAIN!! HAHAHAHAHA.

Trust me, unless you're into long-term relationships and getting emails from Classmates.com but not from any body you actually know, then don't bother with it. It's a racket.

this happens for just signing up with you pay or not. there is such thing as a spam filter. i used to get their junk emails but i put them on my spam blocker. and having them on block i still have received emails from past classmates cuz it comes from them not classmates.com.

Complaining is good for you as long as you're not complaining to the person you're complaining about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 28th, 2004, 9:20 pm 

I signed up for it, and had no problems at all, but I got a case of the shies, and could not bring myself to email anybody. Too scared of rejection, I think!! Plus half the people I graduated with still live on the Island, so I see them more than I need to. Anyway I had no problem with the spamming after I quit. Just delete, and after awhile they don't bother you. I haven't gotten anything from them in a year or so.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 14th, 2004, 11:41 am 
I never did get a paid membership to classmates .com! While at the site I found a link to a website for a proposed reunion in 2005! The linked site gave me access to email addresses! Now I have to get up the nerve to write these people! :? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 20th, 2007, 6:36 pm 
I prefer facebook, in the past 2 months have spoken to 2-3 dozen people that I haven't seen since elementary school, middle school or high school - something about classmates that I just didn't like, not sure what it is and their daily emails do get to be a bit much

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 20th, 2007, 7:23 pm 
IMO, Facebook has replaced Classmates. I have contacted people and they have found me. Many who have not chatted for 20 or more years. Facebook allows us to two way commnication, without having to invent a means to circumvent a means to talk to each other.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 26th, 2007, 12:28 pm 
eh yup
facebook is far better than classmates

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 27th, 2007, 10:50 am 

There is a site I found a while ago, it is definitely not as extensive as classmates but maybe if the word got out ... and it's free

gradfinder.com

you can search by school or name