Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

Supper WING NIGHT!!! at The Old Triangle Irish Alehouse for $0.35 [Remind Me]

Supper Endless Baby Back Ribs at Hunter's Ale House for $22.99 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Beef Pot Pie or Veggie Pot Pie at Beanz Espresso Bar for $9.10 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Is everyone happy?
Yes 36%  36%  [ 4 ]
No 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
I'm never happy, so don't worry about me 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
Of course I'm not happy, I'm the one getting married August 7th!! 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
It's the same weekend as my wedding, but I don't mind: I think it's cool that all my friends will be at my wedding AND my reunion! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I like the idea of 'Reunion Summer' because that way noone will be left out. 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
I can come anytime you want me to 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 11
 Post subject:
PostPosted: July 17th, 2004, 1:25 am 
True Islander

Are you guys talking about the walkout?? I think that happened your grad year... that was my first year at the Rural... I missed it, and boy was I pissed about it... I was in the hospital in Halifax... I think someone brought me a paper so I could read about it..

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 18th, 2004, 6:45 pm 
Newly Created Account

The Great Walkout of 2004?

Wow. That's a funny story.

I was... uh... sorta the inspiration behind it... as in, I told someone -- as a joke -- that it'd be a good idea to have a walkout, and then that person decided to take it seriously... and then all hell breaks loose. And then that guy got suspended for three days.

I do remember seeing it on Compass that night. And laughing at people when they were kicking the firetrucks and trying to take fire hoses away. That was totally sweet.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 18th, 2004, 10:23 pm 
True Islander

*L* I still wish I could have been there.... that was a bad year for someone with health problems to start at that school.... I hated having to go outside to get between classes... at least I was exempt from taking gym and didn't have to walk up to UPEI...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: the riot
PostPosted: July 18th, 2004, 11:07 pm 
Newly Created Account

Yeah it was when we were in grade 11. What a year , the air was definitely bad but not as bad as the stuff burning outside. But i guess we had to have some kind of memories right or it wouldn't have been fun. It's horrible to have a predictable outcome when we could make it much more interesting lol.We went to the school as it was old and left it as it was becoming new truly a great experience.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 18th, 2004, 11:36 pm 
True Islander

It's really been built up since then... even since I left in 1997... They now have monitors in the lobby, similar to the ones in ATHI, that give out announcments, and information on different activites that are going on... the back room of the library, where I spent most of my time :P , has a lot of new posters up and flags of the world hanging from the wall... I'm told that the kids call it the war room now.... I believe Billy Bishop High is still in effect, though.. although Mr. Morrison has retired... Tom Matheson has his room now, and kept it up after I explained what it meant... :wink:
I took a class at the community school this year.. and I think I had more fun wandering around the halls than the class itself.....

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 19th, 2004, 6:44 am 
The advertisment for the '84 reunion in last Saturday's Guardian newspaper was smll but good to see in the paper. 8)

I heard Mr Morrison passed away in the spring of 2003, for those who knew him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 19th, 2004, 6:48 am 
True Islander

I heard that, but I wasn't sure if it was the same one... I was hoping that it wasn't... I"m sorry to hear that it was...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 19th, 2004, 8:36 pm 
Site Adjudicator

Given the interest in this thread, we will be starting up a new forum area on the board in the next day or two where people can discuss their school days and reunion plans.

Hopefully, this will be a popular area where you can talk about the "good old days" when you roamed the halls of Colonel Gray, Rural, Bluefield, Three Oaks, Westisle and other high schools, junior highs and even elementary schools. Talk about old teachers and old friends.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 26th, 2004, 8:32 am 
Does this mean that we shouldn't post here anymore? Is there another place for us to start posting stuff?

~ Stapes ~

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 26th, 2004, 8:36 am 
From Away

Why did everybody stop posting stuff after the Judge came in here and told us that it would be moving under the "School Daze" topic? Janice are you still with me here? lol. I haven't heard from you in a week and was wondering if you still wanted to get together this week for a get together. Was anybody at Steve Mackinnon and Nancy Mellas wedding this past weekend? How was it? Anybody see people from away? Im curious!!!

~ Stapes ~

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 26th, 2004, 8:56 am 
Site Admin (volunteer)

Anonymous wrote:
Does this mean that we shouldn't post here anymore? Is there another place for us to start posting stuff?

~ Stapes ~

I think it means that this is where they want you to post :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 26th, 2004, 9:19 am 
Site Adjudicator

Kreskin wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

~ Stapes ~

I think it means that this is where they want you to post :lol:

That is correct, Kreskin.

We thought that providing a forum dedicated to this sort of thing, rather than it just disappearing in the mix of all the other topics in the main PEIinfo forum, would be appreciated and would encourage others to start talking about their school days and/or using the area to help plan reunions.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: still here...
PostPosted: July 27th, 2004, 9:51 am 
Hey guys!
Sorry Greg, I have been going to sleep with the kids lately = no time for computer!
I wasn't at Nancy and Steve's wedding, but Becky saw a lot of the boys heading into the liquor store over here in Stratford... they had to close it down afterwards (ran out of booze)
Your friend Wayne, at the Guardian... can you give him a call for us? I don't know why the Guardian hasn't emailed me back! I started sending them the info when I was still in Seattle. I'll email you the final details.
I'm off to a picnic with my family. I went kayaking in Brudenell yesterday, man was it ever beautiful!

You can give me a call this evening 569-2691.
later!

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 27th, 2004, 3:33 pm 
From Away

...that was me, i just didn't log in i guess...

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 28th, 2004, 1:31 am 
Newly Created Account

G'day (night) all,

So how did the Gahan House gathering go?

I notice that a lot of us seem to be in the Ottawa/T.O./Eastern Ont. corridor. Would anyone be interested in an area reunion at some point?

Still can't make it on the 7th but I'll try to watch the mother of all reunion movies, Grosse Pointe Blank, in honor of the occasion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 28th, 2004, 9:12 am 
From Away

Hey Mike!
I know Shelley Hanson was talking about gettting together up there... she's in TO!
She was at the Gahan House that night, a bunch of us got together and had soooo much fun talking about old times. We talked about elementary school, junior high, and high school and laughed for three hours straight. I hope to do the same next week. The schedule has changed around a bit, but we will get the final stuff out tomorrow on the radio and in the Guardian. I figure whoever is here will be happy to join in, and if you want help figuring out who is in Ontario, I'll see if I have any of that info. I know there were more people who replied saying they would be home the end of August, so if something arises for then, and you or anyone else can make it, we will announce it on this site!
We didn't plan out anything costly, since it was too hard finding out exactly who was coming and who wasn't, so we will be mainly meeting up at free places or pubs. Maybe we'll have a fifteen year reunion as well... that's what the '91s are doing.

How was your trip to Cape Breton Mike?

Take care.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 30th, 2004, 4:24 pm 
From Away

Hi everyone!
I just wanted to say next thursday night at myrons we have the back room at nine o'clock! so there will be beer questions and a bartender just for us, and it won't cost any money to rent the room, so just show up and have fun! The Rude Mechanicals go on at 11. I'm waiting to hear back from Ms Willis about Wednesday evening if she's going to be on the Island or not to let us into Charlottetown Rural, but if that's the case, I'll let you know. That is Wednesday the 4th and Thursday the 5th.
Also, Tracadie Beach on Friday at five... BYOB to the tiki party, and BYOchips, or carrots, or whatever you like to munch on at the beach. It'll be fun in the sun, according to Boomer's extended forecast!
I'll post more on Saturday and Sunday tomorrow... off to the beach.

Later!

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 1st, 2004, 9:45 am 
From Away

Hello again!

I've ran into a lot of people lately, and everyone I talk to is planning on going to Myrons on Thursday the 5th, so even though there haven't been many posts on this site lately, people are psyched for this reunion! Please tell everyone you bump into... or call your buddy who doesn't have the internet...
There is regular trivia at nine every thursday at myrons, but we will be having beer questions in the back room so bring your quarters! We will use the money raised by the beer questions to buy tiki torches and chips for tracadie beach friday evening.

I think some people are bringing their kids to tracadie, so if you're stuck for a babysitter just bring them along if you don't mind your kids being exposed to a rowdy bunch of reunioners. Also, in case you don't know tracadie... the drop-off in the water can be hazardous to kids... there is a channel running through next to the beach and you can practically dive from the beach! So don't leave your little ones unattended even for a second.

Saturday the 7th, to whoever can make it, we are having a Rainbow Valley day for the 'family oriented' among us. I will have a sign up sheet at Myrons in the back room to put your name on a list and it will be $10 to get in instead of the usual $14. Kids 5 and under are free.

Later!

Post subject: Ruralfest '04
PostPosted: August 3rd, 2004, 11:32 am 
Newly Created Account

So... Tomorrow (Wednesday) night at the ol' Rural, eh?

Seven o'clock-ish?

I am so totally there.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 3rd, 2004, 3:48 pm 
From Away

Hey there all,

So this is the week. Janice and I have more dates and events confirmed. Starting with the get together at Charlottetown Rural High School. Wednesday night August 4th at 7:00 pm to 9:00pm. All '94 grads and famlies of the grads are invited. Hopefully we will have some coffee and timbits to provide for all but it's possible we might not. We'll see. All grads can bring their '94 yearbooks and also any pictures of your High School days at the Rural.

Then on Thursday August 5th at Myrons Caberet starting at 8:30 or 9:00 we will be having Trivia with beer questions so bring lots of quarters to throw when you guess incorrectly. After the trivia we will be able to watch PEI's own and CRHS alumni The Rude Mechanicals perform in the Caberet. Should be a great turnout. After that we will be able to confirm our Friday night , Saturday night, and Sunday events. As far as it stands we will be having a Tracadie Beach party on friday night. Just like the good ole days. That will most likely be starting mid afternoon for some and then late into the evening for others. Bring tiki torches and all your own booze and lawn chairs. Also anything musical you play like bongos or a guitar. That would be very cool.

So thats it for now. If you need any other information on this, please feel free to drop me an email at gstapleton@advantagecall.com or Janice as well. Or you can call me at 894-5656 or Janice at 569-2691. Hope we have a great turnout and can't wait to see you all there. Later all!

~ Stapes ~

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next