Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

Lunch Saturday Steak Special at Fireman's Club for $5.75 [Remind Me]

Lunch Steak Special at Ch'town Curling Club for $10.00 [Remind Me]

All Day Special steak & fries at outriders for $5.49 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special GamJa-tang(Pork bone on the soup) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $12.89 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Is everyone happy?
Yes 36%  36%  [ 4 ]
No 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
I'm never happy, so don't worry about me 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
Of course I'm not happy, I'm the one getting married August 7th!! 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
It's the same weekend as my wedding, but I don't mind: I think it's cool that all my friends will be at my wedding AND my reunion! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I like the idea of 'Reunion Summer' because that way noone will be left out. 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
I can come anytime you want me to 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 11
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 3rd, 2004, 6:17 pm 
True Islander

Oh man.... I'm sooo jealous.... I wanna go too...... anyone know whatever happened to Heidi James?? She was the only person who paid any attention to me when I was in grade 10... *G*

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Hi Everyone it's me
PostPosted: August 3rd, 2004, 11:53 pm 
Newly Created Account

Heidi just finished Med School this past spring and is currently doing her Residency in Family Medicine. I don't have her email on me, but I can get it and tell her to log on to this site, not sure she knows about this site yet.

I Hope everyone is doing well, I keep meaning to post more often but never seem to get the chance. Oh Mike MacLean, Shelley Hanson and I were thinking about organizing something here in Ontario for 1994 CRHS grads, interested in helping us????

Anyway I better get going lots of work to do. Talk to you all soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 4th, 2004, 10:24 am 
From Away

Hi Ami! Are you coming to PEI this summer? I will be here til Aug 31, so if you're around give me a call.. I haven't talked to you since high school! Are your parents still out here in Stratford? I think we should have a get together each August... and that way people can plan to be in PEI that week far in advance if they wish to get together...

Hey Greg... that trivia is just beer questions. If you want to win a bar tab you better do the myrons trivia at nine. we don't have money for a bar tab, we just have beer coupons to give away!

I went to Rainbow Valley yesterday, and it was a lot of fun. I took Jake through the witches cave... I didn't let him see the dude in the coffin, but he was still pretty freaked out. Is that child abuse to a two 1/2 year old? He wanted to go again! Also took Kailey down the flume ride. My sister took my niece Maria, I ended up carrying two boats up while she went ahead with the girls and i nearly toppled down the stairs several times... it was a hoot. The kids enjoyed the little roller coaster and the shaky bridge, but we didn't do everything so it'll be fun to go back on Saturday. I imagine it will be packed. The cars were parked all the way to the road, but it didn't seem too crowded inside. If you stay past supper time, it's open til eight, and the lines at the waterslides thin out so you get more turns.. :D

So the beach thingie is anytime Friday evening. I'm going to show up around supper time and Greg doesn't get off work until five, so he'll probably be there by six or seven. The Saturday night thing at HMCS was already called off... even though there was still rumor of it going on... the people who worked there already apologized to me for their lack of communication on their end, but I think it's better this way because without a definite number of who's attending and who's not, I had no way of knowing how much it would cost people. I'm going to have to put a sign up telling anyone who shows up to head to Peake's instead.

We can talk about it on Thursday night. We tried to have a party in Stanley Bridge to make up for the lack of event Saturday night, and that would have been fun... then we had Brunch going on at the Stanley Bridge Country Resort the next day, but that is also a no-go so now it will just be whoever wants to go out again Saturday will do so. Let's just find some high school party and crash it! That would be fun.

I'm pretty sure that we will be getting together at the end of August too, because some people who were interested in seeing old friends won't be home until then.

As for Thursday... I'm just going to show up and have some drinks and party it up with whoever shows up! I'll see you either tonight or tomorrow night, and thanks again for checking out this site guys... maybe we should have a reunion every five years, and then it will get more and more organized each time. Also, after the summer I will still post on this site since it's a great way to keep in touch.
Talk to you soon!

Janice

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 5th, 2004, 10:51 am 
Newly Created Account

Ami,

An Ontario get together sounds like a good idea. Maybe somewhere between Ottawa and Toronto - Kingston perhaps? If I'm the only one from Ottawa, maybe TO would make more sense.

Janice, (and everyone) is anyone taking any pictures at the events that they can post somewhere on the web?

Quote:
How was your trip to Cape Breton Mike?

Unfortunately my wife's grand-maman passed away so we had to postpone it until next month.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 5th, 2004, 3:09 pm 
From Away

Hi Mike. I'm sorry to hear about the circumstances that postponed your trip... I hope next month is happier. We will post some pics of tonight, I didn't have my camera last night, but it was a lot of fun seeing the video that was taken our grade twelve year. I saw you in it! It was nothing but silly behaviour, mullets, sweatshirts, and tapered jeans. If there is a way, we will show it tonight at Myrons. Ms Willis got a kick out of it too.
And I didn't even remember where the lecture theater was! It was so cool to walk around and say "Oh yeah!" the whole evening.

Tonight I'm heading over to Roseanne's beforehand... we will try to be there by nine! Greg will be there. A number of people have told me they won't be there til 10 or after, but if you wait too late, I can't guarantee you'll get in. I don't know how big a crowd to expect for a Thursday night at Myron's... with the Rude Mechanicals playing and all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 5th, 2004, 3:18 pm 
Newly Created Account

Quote:
Janice, (and everyone) is anyone taking any pictures at the events that they can post somewhere on the web?

Glad you asked...

I'll have pictures online at

http://www.industrialdisturbance.com/

There will be a link to them once I get around to it.

I took a few at the mini-reunion at the Rural last night, but plan to take way more tonight at Myron's. (The joy of having a digital camera is never having to worry about running out of film.)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 6th, 2004, 11:15 am 
From Away

Does anyone have any tylenol?

Post subject: pictures!
PostPosted: August 6th, 2004, 3:05 pm 
Newly Created Account

Brace yourselves...

For those who couldn't make it there last night, I just finished uploading the pictures I took.

For those who made it there last night, this will serve as a refresher for what actually happened.

http://www.industrialdisturbance.com/

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 6th, 2004, 3:42 pm 
Tourist

Good job on the pictures Joel. They look great.
Todd

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 6th, 2004, 4:06 pm 

Wow. Am I bitter that I missed seeing you all the other night. Thanks so much for putting those pics up, Joel. What a treat to see how everyone's changed.

When I was home I managed to see Julie Burt, Dave Clark, Becky Docherty and Janice. Sorry I didn't get to see more but this is a great chance for a lot of us to reconnect.

Special thanks to Janice and Greg for all of their time and work to get this reunion happening. Have fun this weekend!

Post more pictures!

Still waiting to hear from Ontario people too.

Shelley

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Looks like everyone had a great time last night.
PostPosted: August 6th, 2004, 6:25 pm 
Newly Created Account

Just thought I would take a quick break from charting here at work (yes it is almost 7:00 on a Friday evening, but a workaholic never rests).

Wow looking at the pictures that Joel has posted, it looks like a good time was had by all (thanks Joel for creating that web site). I have to admit seeing everyone made me a little misty eyed and wishing that I could have been there.

Well Shelley and Mike it's time for us to start planning something for those of us here in Ontario. Shelley I will call you this evening when I get back to Toronto, it probably won't be until 10:00 or so.

Well everyone keep posting on this message board and Joel keep posting those pictures. Talk to everyone soon. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 6th, 2004, 6:51 pm 
Thank you for the photos. It's great to see how everyone is doing these days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 6th, 2004, 7:52 pm 
From Away

Hey guys... the tracadie beach event tonight is called off, due to the weather, as is Rainbow Valley Day tomorrow... since it's supposed to pour rain. But we are all going to Peake's Saturday night. Just be sure to get there well before 11 so you can get in! I sent an email around... I don't feel very well today. :cry: But I should be back in shape for tomorrow night. Also, I am going to breakfast Sunday morning at Piazza Joe's with the kids. Greg will be there also. And everyone is welcome to attend, I called and made a reservation... but I had no idea who else would be going, so you can call to reserve your own seat. :)
Greg is very interested in having a bonfire at a beach with guitars etc., so if we can step up communications, we can totally make it happen.
Nice pics, Joel! I have some too.... I'll have to post the bikini contest winner, since she was a big part of the evening. Haha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 7th, 2004, 3:15 am 
True Islander

Great pics.... I saw some faces I recognize... be damned if I remember the names, though.. *L* oh well.. you guys graduated the year I started, so you didn't really spend a whole lot of time with me.. *LOL*

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 7th, 2004, 8:24 pm 
From Away

I think we should just get some pub in town to host reunion night each summer, and people can get together.
Did anyone hear about Bluefield's reunion? They had like 15 people on a committee, and they rented out Darcy McGee's, but they only had like 44 people sign up... Turns out over 100 showed up, and everyone had fun.
I was surprised to see some people the other night, but I heard quite a few more were going and they never showed. I'm glad I didn't have to pay for renting anything!
Hey Greg, are you still checking this forum?
I know Greg got email addresses from everyone who came the other night. The problem with trying to organize this thing (besides pretty much everything we tried to do getting screwed up) was that hardly anyone got back to us, I seriously wondered if anyone got the emails. Out of 150 emails I sent out, only like 7 people wrote me back, and only 2 people called me. So we sort of scaled it down. It turned out people do want more things planned, but I think we need a committee to do it right. It's probably something to do next year or for the 15. Has anyone ever heard of an 11 year reunion?
Anyway, it's too bad we had to cancel the other two things because of rain, but I think a lot of people are going out to Peake's tonight.
It was a fun night... I realized that I shouldn't have more than 3 drinks though... not in high school anymore. Haha.

Later!

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 8th, 2004, 12:24 am 
Tourist

Hopefully we can have some more reunion activites before the summer is over. How much longer are you home for Janice? I am usually off Thursdays and Fridays. I didn't make it to Peakes this weekend.
I didn't get my Email address on that list but I think I am added to the mailing list now.

Todd

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 23rd, 2004, 9:31 am 
From Away

So is this all over? Nobody has posted anything for some time now. I hope that since the reunion is over that people are going to stop writing? That would be terrible. So I would like to hear what everyone thought of the night at Myrons? Everyone have a good time? Hook up with old friends? Old girl or boyfriends? I'd like to know that stuff. I had a great time. Saw people there that I haven't seen in a long time. People that I would like to see again if possible. Lets have some feedback!

Stapes

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Ottawa Area reunion
PostPosted: August 23rd, 2004, 3:27 pm 

I've also been wondering where all the replies are. What ended up happening on Aug. 7th? How did it go? I'm anxious to see more pictures!!

I'm going to be in Ottawa this weekend (Aug 27-30) and would love to get together with whoever's around. I've already talked to Jeff Murphy and Jeff Ivany. I know Mike McLean is there too, so email me if you're around and would like to get together.

Shelley

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 25th, 2004, 10:01 am 
Newly Created Account

Hey Shelley. Just tried to email you but it's bouncing. Let me know (mikemaclean_99@yahoo.ca) when you guys are getting together and I'll definitely try to make it.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 1st, 2004, 8:18 am 
From Away

See, this is what I was hoping for. More people staying in touch on this. I was also hoping that there would be more people posting about how they thought the reunion went. I for one had a great time. I was also hoping that more people would try and stay in contact with eachother after it was over. I guess we will have to see what happens. We are planning on having a 15 year reunion in 5 years. Just so it's not such a long time to wait. Although 10 years seems to fly by like nobody's business. Crazy! Anyway, I was very happy to see you all again. I look forward to talking to everybody on MSN messenger or just email. Keep in touch all. And don't stop posting on this site. Later!

Stapes

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next