* Login 

Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

Supper 25 Cent Wings at Hunter's Ale House for $0.25 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Is everyone happy?
Yes 36%  36%  [ 4 ]
No 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
I'm never happy, so don't worry about me 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
Of course I'm not happy, I'm the one getting married August 7th!! 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
It's the same weekend as my wedding, but I don't mind: I think it's cool that all my friends will be at my wedding AND my reunion! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I like the idea of 'Reunion Summer' because that way noone will be left out. 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
I can come anytime you want me to 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 11
 Post subject: 1994 CRHS Reunion Summer
PostPosted: June 2nd, 2004, 4:31 pm 
From Away

Hello everyone. This is Janice, trying to organize our Reunion Summer. Here is all the information I've been keeping on our reunion this summer. Please read through it and get yourselves up to speed, and then just start making your own posts. Thanks!

My mom's birthday is August 7th, btw, so I won't be attending.

...JJ. I'll be there.

May 27th, email to 90 classmates through classmates.com

I'm volunteering to organize something fun for the summer. Not everyone will be able to attend, of course, but I'd like to try to get as many people as possible together. I know a lot has happened in each others' lives since we all last saw one another, and if anyone feels we should have some form of communicating before we are just piled on top of one another and spend hours discussing each other's lives cramming ten years into one weekend, a good way to get all that stuff out in the open before we have to come face to face is in the chat rooms provided online here at classmates.com, or a free chat room of choice on some other website. This way we can sort of know each other better beforehand, share the ups and downs we've all experienced, and hopefully we'll find support and good times while avoiding awkwardness during the reunion. And we can spend the weekend partying like we should be!

I really hope no one else gets suckered into buying into a gold membership. That's also why I want to start using my hotmail address rather that going through this site all the time. Hope to hear from you all soon!

Invitation on classmates.com:

This is a shout-out for information on whether or not anyone has been talking amongst friends about what to do for our ten year reunion this year. My email address is jlmcguigan @ hotmail.com. I've already contacted some of you a while back but failed to follow through with you. Sorry about that. I now am ready to plan something, or help someone who has already started. Please send me info on any rumors or truths that you know of regarding reunion planning, and also which weekend of the summer would be best for you, so I can try to pick a time when the most people can attend. Thanks, and have a great spring! Janice

May 27th, email from Colette Gallant:

EDIT, EDIT
I just cut out the responses I got, until I get permission to post them.

June 1st, email to everyone registered with classmates (93 people now.)

Hello again. A few new people have joined in on the loop. I'm opening the floor to the chat rooms for a week or two.
http://www.classmates.com >Click on 'my schools', then look for '1994 Class Reunion??'
I don't know if you can do it if you're not a member. If you can't, try this:
http://www.peiinfo.com/forums/index.php
You have to register first.
I want to find out what other people would feel comfortable doing at a reunion. I can't decide if I want to golf Stanhope, eat lobster, maybe have a BBQ on the beach, Drink wine or beers and relax, or hit the groovy new club with the fancy website and get sweaty with all the 15 year olds in Charlottetown. I still may try to call this 'Reunion Summer', and post all sorts of CRHS '94 gatherings in July and August, and you just attend the ones that are happening when you are home. Because I really don't think we're going to be able to contain it to one weekend, and have everyone satisfied with their ten year reunion.
For those that already made vacation plans, bring them out in the open on the message boards, please. Most groups of friends will already be coming home for weddings that are already planned. I think perhaps one central weekend for those who either are home already, or will be able to come home whenever the reunion is.

I'm going to leave this paragraph from the previous email I sent out on here for the rest of the summer because I think it's funny that classmates sends out emails that tell people not to join classmates.

'I really hope no one else gets suckered into buying into a gold membership. That's also why I want to start using my hotmail address rather that going through this site all the time. Hope to hear from you all soon!'

June 2nd, email sent to classmates people

Hello again.
It looks like we don't have to decide what weekend the reunion is. Someone has us already booked in at the HMCS Queen Charlotte on the waterfront for August 7th, 5:00 til 11:00. So that will be the main weekend. If your wedding is already on that weekend, I'm sorry. I didn't do it. I just happen to be in contact with one of our classmates who works there, and he told me today.
This does not mean we stop here. I really want everyone to start communicating on PEIinfo.com. We can have groups of people meeting up at festivals all over PEI this summer. I just found out about a good one in O'Leary on June 25, 26th I believe. It's the Shoreline Festival with Jimmy Swift Band, Grand Theft Bus, and a bunch of others. I'll have to find out if Pete Forbes is going to be in town Aug 7th, and perhaps his band -The Rude Mechanicals, can play for us at that navy place we have booked. I'm also thinking the girls can have a wine-charm exchange at this reunion. Everyone brings a homemade, or bought, wine-charm, used to identify whose wine glass is whose, it fits around the bottom of the glass and we can use them at the reunion. (You don't have to have wine in your glass, though)

I just bought my plane tickets last night- July 3rd til Aug 31. Can't wait to be back on Island soil again. I'll get to see Becky Docherty's new bundle of joy #3, Riley.
Have a great weekend everyone! ... wait it's only Wednesday. Oh yeah, everyday's a weekend in the life of a stay-at-home mom.
Haha.

Have a good week, everyone.

'I really hope no one else gets suckered into buying into a gold membership. That's also why I want to start using my hotmail address rather that going through this site all the time. Hope to hear from you all soon!'

Last edited by crazy canadian on June 15th, 2004, 6:13 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 2nd, 2004, 4:54 pm 
From Away

Denise, I just found your reply to the invitation I sent out before we knew that August 7th was already booked for the reunion. Looks like you're getting married on August 7th. I'm so sorry, but thanks for letting everyone know that you're ok with this..... From now on there needs to be a 'Reunion Weekend' where nobody has their wedding planned for that weekend of summer, and we wouldn't run into this problem. Perhaps when Reunions has its own category on this website that can be established.

That is an awesome idea, btw, about music from the early 90's from when we graduated. We also have a request for Montigny and Stapleton, unplugged, and The Rude Mechanicals. I would like to see some Jimmy Swift, and my two little sisters are currently dating guys from other local bands and maybe they would play for us too. (That's how my hubby hooked me, must run in the family) Any chance you can move the last half of the dance to the navy building downtown? Then the other half of our graduating class can attend the reunion.

Denise Cheverie

Add your comments:

Denise: can't wait to see everyone

Are you planning to attend?

Denise: Yes

Has anyone started planning a reunion already that you've heard of?

Denise: No

Is July or August better for you, and which weekend?

Denise: one of the last two weekends in august, i get married the first weekend of august, it's a very busy summer!

Should we try to find a weekend without someone's wedding on that weekend, or is that impossible?

Denise: that will be impossible, just do what you can, you can't please everyone!

What kind of music would you like to hear at the reunion?

Denise: music from the early 90's when we graduated!

Will you be bringing a guest?

Denise: Yes

Last edited by crazy canadian on June 2nd, 2004, 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 2nd, 2004, 10:04 pm 
True Islander

1994, huh?? I started the year you graduated.... I'm waiting for the 97 reunion...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: site down
PostPosted: June 3rd, 2004, 10:58 am 

I tried connecting to classmates.com/ca, but both are down. I recognize Rob Sanderson, but not the others. I graduated in '94. Not sure how I feel about a reunion. I'm not one who reflects on the past. While itr would be interesting to see what people are doing today, I don't know if I would want to go to a reunion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 3rd, 2004, 11:28 am 
True Islander

Damn, I feel old...2003 would have been my 30th reunion!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 3rd, 2004, 8:01 pm 
From Away

Any '94 Rural grads out there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 4th, 2004, 10:37 am 

crazy canadian wrote:
Any '94 Rural grads out there?

Me. I have to say that 10 years went by fast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2004, 8:52 am 
Yes, a 2nd grad here as well. 8)

Post subject: CRHS Reunion
PostPosted: June 7th, 2004, 11:06 am 
Newly Created Account

I am really looking forward to a 10 year reunion, there are definitely some people that I am curious about! Anytime this summer is great for me.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 7th, 2004, 6:42 pm 
From Away

Hi everyone. I just got back from camping in the rain for two days. Saw an owl for the first time in years. It was cool. I just thought, I really should have asked before posting private emails I received, I hope noone gets mad. Can you email me and ask me to change that if there's a problem?

If anyone has read through them already, I guess it's too late for you. You know certain email addresses and phone numbers now that may have been private before. Maybe I'll go back and bleep them out.

As for ideas for the reunion, I have been getting some feedback through email, but it would be better for everyone (and make my life easier probably) if you started posting them here instead, that way everyone decides what we should do, instead of just me.

I like the idea of 'Reunion Summer', having the main weekend Aug 7th, and gatherings at festivals and other places that are already organized. Perhaps after this summer, there can be one weekend of the summer for all reunions of the future. Plans can made in advance that way.
I also want to do a 'wine charm' exchange with all the girls in our class.

It seems like the word is getting around. Send this link to everyone you know. When you have time, check in and give a summary of what you've been up to.
Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Last edited by crazy canadian on June 21st, 2004, 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: early july
PostPosted: June 12th, 2004, 11:23 am 

Hi there,

I'll be in Ch'town the week of July 5 and would love to get together with whoever's around. Sorry I'll miss the August 7 bash but I like the idea of little mini reunions throughout the summer. Maybe a drink or dinner on a patio would be nice as a chance to catch up on the last 10 years.

Shelley

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Here's Stapleton!
PostPosted: June 14th, 2004, 9:51 am 
From Away

Well hello there fellow Rural Grads. It's Greg Stapleton here. I just wanted to let everyone know that I am here on the Island and am trying to contact every Grad that I hung out with at Rural. So far I have quite a few people. What I need to know is this.

Who is in charge of the reunion?
What does the reunion consist of?
When is the Reunion for sure?
Where is it going to take place?
Why don't all grads try and add eachother onto a seperate MSN just for 94' Rural Grads so we can all chat it up?

Now of course that Is just an idea. Might help us to communicate. I for one have already mentioned our Reunion to the following Grads. Mike Montigny, Craig Lawlor, Scott Young, Mark Matheson, Brett Doyle, Richard Nicole and I have been trying to contact quite a few more like Steve Shaw, Ryan Callaghan, Mark Sommerville, Steve Montgomery, Johnny MacLean, Andrew Power, Chris McLeod and more. Hopefully more might find their way to this post. I will point all I knoew in this direction so we can all try and keep in touch better before the big event.

I was thinking that maybe Adams Eve might make an apperience for the Reunion bash. Im sure that we can find enough of us. Im sure Montigny would be up for it and I know I could get Trevor Campbell on board. All I would have to do is see if Dennis Ellsworth is comming home this Summer with the Rudes and see if we can get something done! Would be a lot of fun for sure.

I will be back checking this again soon. So for all of you, I hope this finds you all well. We will talk soon!

Stapleton

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 14th, 2004, 7:38 pm 
From Away

Ok. I just typed for 25 minutes and then hit the back button by mistake and it disappeared. ARGh! (Can you swear on this message board??)

Gerg! Thank you so much. So far I am the only one organizing, but I have had offers to help, and I was JUST thinking of putting together a committee. So, you can be the first one on board!

I just was chatting with Matt McQuaid, and the Rudes are in town Aug 5th to play at Morons. That is our reunion week.

All '94 Grads are invited there Aug 5th. Anyone have connections with the MacDonald guy who owns it?

Matt wasn't sure if an Adam's Eve reunion is in the stars, but I think you should give Dennis a call. I don't have a great history at Adam's Eve/Stonefly concerts... but I think it would be a lot of fun 8)

I'm still waiting for a classmate to get back to me to make sure it's us who has the navy place on the waterfront booked Aug 7th 5 til 11.
If it's us, we should get plastic wine glasses and decorations and music and food set up.

Since people are coming home at different times all over the summer, we will be meeting up on patios, at beaches and festivals all over. I want to go to Evolve this year. Anyone know when that is?

Also there's one with Jimmy Swift and Grand Theft Bus and some others the 25th 26th this month up West. Shoreline.

I should post some more ideas I've received. Also, I just typed out a bunch of email addresses I have, but since I erased them I'm not doing that again right now. We need more input so that even the people who don't care about a reunion will change their minds.

Hafta go take care of the kidds, but I'll post again later.

Janice

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 14th, 2004, 8:28 pm 
From Away

Here are some email addresses I got from Richard Nicole:
aarondavid2@hotmail.com, amacdonald11@hotmail.com, flycore44@hotmail.com, cneil@nbnet.nb.ca, snufflebox@hotmail.com, dneale81@hotmail.com, dneale@cunninghamlindsey.com, jason_etter2000@yahoo.ca, spinnerbones@hotmail.com, jonathan_hughes@hotmail.com, jlmcguigan@hotmail.com, mark_somerville@hotmail.com, djchuck47@hotmail.com, ryanscallaghan@hotmail.com, harperstephen76@hotmail.com, shawzy45@hotmail.com, stevenmackinnon@hotmail.com, tedwalsh99@hotmail.com

Am I being socially incorrect by posting these? Someone say yes and I'll stop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 14th, 2004, 9:13 pm 
Newly Created Account

Hi everyone......I'm glad to hear that there is a reunion being planned but I agree with Greg....the questions he posted are good ones for information. If someone could post the answers to his questions that would be very helpful. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again this summer. Take care Julie MacCallum

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 15th, 2004, 4:50 am 
From Away

Maverick, If you are trying to connect to classmates.com, try typing it directly into the URL. Sometimes when it won't let me into the site from an msn search, all I have to do is put it up top.
Hello again all 1994 Rural grads.

Here are some of the ideas that we can use for our reunion, some of them date back a month or two. Please add to them, or say if you like something in particular. What we have so far is a '94 Reunion Summer Event at Myrons, Aug 5th, to see the Rude Mechanicals. I think we have the HMCS Queen Charlotte booked for the evening of the 7th. At first I thought it was definitely someone in our class who booked it, but a few days ago one of our classmates who works there said he needs to double check. He is supposed to tell me in the next day or two if it's for our graduation year or not. As soon as we find out, we can go from there. I would like to know what you think of these ideas, to help with the planning.

• I like the idea of a night activity for adults only (Sat night for example), and then a day get together the next day for families (BBQ, beach, whatever).

• I can't decide if I want to golf Stanhope, eat lobster, maybe have a BBQ on the beach, Drink wine or beers and relax, or hit the clubs and get all sweaty with the 15 year olds in Charlottetown. :) If people could suggest places we can meet throughout the summer then we can post all sorts of CRHS '94 gatherings in July and August, and you just attend the ones that are happening when you are home. Please speak up if you are home on vacation sometime other than the Aug 7th weekend, and also say what you would be interested in doing, and we can post it as a '94 Reunion Summer Event. Because I really don't think we're going to be able to contain it to one weekend, and have everyone satisfied with their ten year reunion.

Perhaps we should have a main weekend, but also lots of gatherings at clubs, parks, beaches etc all through the summer so noone who was looking forward to it misses out.

• I think we should contact Ch'town Rural to ask if there's any chance we could use their gymnasium or sports fields to host some fun games or like a school dance in the gym?? I just came up with those two ideas as I was writing.

• Potluck BBQ at a provincial park like Tea Hill, which isn't too far from Ch'town, has facilities plus beach, and then people could taxi it home or to the clubs.

• Should we think about Tracadie Beach? Millstream Barn? White's Dam? Everyone going to see a play at Confederation Centre?

• Since a lot of us have kids now, perhaps we could have something during the day that includes children's activities with babysitters hired so the parents can hang out and socialize.

• I thought I heard that last year there wasn't a reunion planned, I don't know the exact scoop, but we could even host some general Ch'town Rural night-on-the-town, where just an abnormally high number of Ruraltonians end up going out in Ch'town.

• Here are a few of the general gathering spots that are being used these days. Wednesday nights at the Gahan House (prolly too small to fit many folks), There are lots of trivia nights around the city (another idea would be to create a CRHS trivia sheet for the weekend where people have to dig back ten years in their memories and answer questions about our graduation year), The Wave is a great place to fit in everyone for a reunion, it's the new pub at UPEI. I don't know if we'd have to pay a rental fee to take the place over, and also I don't remember if it's open all summer or not. Peake's, Myrons,
Velvet Underground? What is that place?

• I want a Trailer Park Boys Fest. All weekend. Are they going to be in PEI this summer?

• We could possibly go camping at Sunset the weekend of the Cavendish Beach Volleyball tournament, have a BBQ during the day and go to Thirsty's that night.

• The Rude Mechanicals, The Jimmy Swift Band, Montigny and Stapleton, uplugged, Adam's Eve / Stonefly Reunion, other local bands.
Thinking of then:
early 90's music. ...'Oh what a night', 'Cecilia', 'Brown-eyed girl' I remember those songs at the dances. All happy because you're drinking and for some reason the cop who took your drink from you in the parking lot let you go.
What was some of the other music from then?
Cowboy boots, ugly jeans and sweatshirts. Belly shirts and basketball uniforms. Mr. Andrews kicking someone out of computer class.
Plot studies and shop class, 30 hour famine. Gym class and the Bright Spot. Locker partners, forgetting books, losing points for not having your homework done. Getting laughed at for some reason or other, Raiders Relay, Arby's. Food fight in the Cafeteria, no school dance next month.
Wishing you had a car, or could at least take the minivan once.
Thinking teachers were so old. Thinking they couldn't possibly have a life outside of school. Still being so young, not even the real you yet. Curfews, first jobs, and weekends. Field trips and summers.
Living with your parents.

Yikes. Once you start thinking about it, there's so much you can remember. It was so different! If you can think of some other ones, I'd love to hear them. Well, it will be great to see everyone. We'll all be older, and hopefully a little wiser!

Last edited by crazy canadian on June 18th, 2004, 10:38 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Here's Stapleton!
PostPosted: June 15th, 2004, 5:52 am 
From Away

Greg, these are answers to your questions:

Who is in charge of the reunion? Me, Janice

What does the reunion consist of? I'm asking people for input on this message board, you can see what is planned so far in the other posts.

When is the Reunion for sure? The confusing part is that there are so many weddings and different vacation times all over the summer, I've decided to call it 'Reunion Summer' instead of just 'Reunion Weekend', but the main weekend that will require planning starts Thursday, Aug 5th at Myrons, nothing planned there, just show up, and a big dance/party Saturday evening. That is just in the beginning stages of being planned. There is no committee yet, it's just me talking to everyone through emails sent to those registered with classmates.com, and here on this website.

Where is it going to take place? Ask me later this week for confirmation

Why don't all grads try and add eachother onto a seperate MSN just for .94' Rural Grads so we can all chat it up? Thanks for stating that. I already have my 'CRHS '94 grads group' on mine. I have only been talking with a few people though. I'll add you to it.
I've been asking everyone to show up on this site, but it seems to be a little slow. Thanks to those of you who have already started chatting.

A number of people have sent me emails asking for Adam's Eve. I've already contacted Matt McQuaid in TO. We have the Rude Mechanicals in town on Aug 5th, Myron's, and they're only in town for a couple of days. You'll have to call Dennis to see if they could manage it, Matt kinda laughed when I mentioned it, but I'll keep at it. Do you have their latest album? Checkin' For Squirrels

Please send me any email addresses you have to my hotmail account. jlmcguigan@hotmail.com
Thanks a lot!

Janice

Post subject: Hey there!
PostPosted: June 15th, 2004, 3:33 pm 
From Away

MAN!!!!!!! THAT PISSED ME OFF!

I just typed out a huge long message and it timed me out. Son of a ....!
Anyway so here goes again!

Hey there all. It's Greg again. I just wanted to let you know Janice that I like all of the ideas. I think they are all great. I have been sening this link to all the email addresses that I have. Letting them all know this exsists. I was Talking to Brett Doyle today and told him about it. He is getting married by the way on July 30th. So I will be attending for sure and I am sure that there will be a ton of 94 Grads there. Also I was talking to Mark Matheson who is in the Cayman Islands, and he will not be home until the end of August. But hopefully I will be able to get a hold of more people and let them know about this site and all the information on it.

Also I have contacted Susan Willis Principal of CRHS and asked if it might be possible for her to get this information and this site link added to the Rural website so that if some people go looking there for it. There will be info there.

If anyone is looking to get a hold of me for anything they can do so at: gregstapleton94grad@hotmail.com or gstapleton@advantagecall.com. Thats just incase you wanted to pass along some information that might help us with the get togethers. Also you can add me to your messenger with this: gregstapleton94grad@hotmail.com. I already have quite a few and hope to have more.

As far as the Adams Eve reunion gig, I will have to see if Dennis is ok with playing or maybe even when the Rudes are playing, Montigny, Trevor and I can get up and do a few of the oldies but goodies! Poison Apple, Grey Area, Baked Today, It will Rain and many more. HAHA! So funny. It would be a lot of fun thats for sure.

Well I guess that all for now. I will try and keep this updated as much as possible. Hope to hear from you all soon! Take care Janice and hope to hear from you soon.

Stapes

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 15th, 2004, 6:45 pm 
I think all the ideas are cool. If I can pull off what I am working on, then Janice's charm idea for the gals would work best....and more. I'll post more when I can confirm what I am working on. :roll:

Post subject: Hey Everyone
PostPosted: June 15th, 2004, 8:30 pm 
Newly Created Account

Thanks for sending this on Gerg! As Gerg said, I can't get home until August 25 but am home until Sept 12. I hope to see everyone when I get home. My hotmail address is Mark_Matheson@hotmail.com. Keep up the good work Janice!

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next