Reset Password
Resend Activation Email

RSS Feed (New Posts)
RSS Feed (Replies)

Search
Lunch Specials

Lunch Taco Bar at Chartwells UPEI for $4.99 [Remind Me]

Supper Martini Mondays at The Old Triangle Irish Alehouse for $5.00 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Monday Lunch Special at Beanz Espresso Bar for $9.80 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Jaeuck(Pork & Rice) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $9.87 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Hot Hamburger at Brits Fish and Chips for $9.95 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Chicken bokkeum at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $10.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special Dolsot Bibimbap at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $11.98 [Remind Me]

All Day Special GamJa-tang(Pork bone on the soup) at Seoul Food Restaurant(Cafe) for $12.89 [Remind Me]

Add your restaurant's special!
Follow @WhatsOnSpecial!
Island Weather [Customize]
Sponsor
Island Webcam [Customize]
Island Radio
  Listen to CBC 96.1 FM
Windows M. Player
Listen to Island Radio
Winamp
Listen to K-Rock
Windows M. Player
Listen to Ocean 100
Windows M. Player

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Rocket on the move?
PostPosted: January 17th, 2013, 4:09 pm 

Rumors out there stating the Rocket will move to Toir Rivieres after this season any truth to this?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Rocket on the move?
PostPosted: January 17th, 2013, 4:17 pm 
Site Admin (volunteer)

No.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 17th, 2013, 4:51 pm 
True Islander

How many is too many rumors......lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 17th, 2013, 5:19 pm 

OK Thank-you guys just seen on a couple of sites where there rumors floating was hoping they were false witht eh new name and all coming

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 18th, 2013, 2:49 pm 
Tourist

Seriously, you spend your days asking this question over and over again on the Rocket board, post nonsense, change your mind and opinion over and over again, keep asking stupid questions, posting half articles, with comments like

"Yeah the only part is

Dans un monde idéal, ils voulaient garder le secret jusqu'en mars, question de terminer d'attacher toutes les petites ficelles et ne pas placer une épée de Damoclès au-dessus du Rocket de l'Île-du-Prince-Édouard, l'équipe visée par un éventuel transfert. Ce délai aurait aussi permis au groupe d'approcher les Cataractes avec plus, disons, de respect et de doigté "

and nothing else....

you are getting annoying on the other board....no wait you are beyond annoying on that board.....now you come on this one....

go away and stop.....please

i cant' even read the thread anymore over there because you just won't stop....do you really think they are going to come on the Rocket Board on the other site and say hey, rocketfan2012, thank you so much for asking....and yes we are moving.....

GOD tiresome

rocketfan2012 wrote:
Rumors out there stating the Rocket will move to Toir Rivieres after this season any truth to this?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 18th, 2013, 2:51 pm 
Tourist

oh and you are the one on the "other" board who is starting the rumour and trying to keep it going.....there will be talk of relocation every year till the numbers improve...no one is coming out and saying yup come watch us the rest of the years and then we are leaving town and jumping ship.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: February 17th, 2013, 10:51 pm 

Quote:
Couple tweets from @MaxLalonde_

https://twitter.com/MaxLalonde_

Le groupe d'acheteurs qui voulaient amener un club à TR étaient rendu loin dans le processus d'achats de PEI!

Selon une source fiable. Le Rocket de PEI serait vendu dans les prochaines semaines. Direction Sorel Tracy!

Translated via Goolge to English

The group of buyers who wanted to bring a club TR were made ​​later in the process of purchasing PEI!

According to a reliable source. The PEI Rocket will be sold in the coming weeks. Towards Sorel Tracy!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: February 18th, 2013, 2:45 pm 

It's not true

http://www.theguardian.pe.ca/Sports/Hockey/2013-01-15/article-3157193/Rocket-to-Trois-Rivieres-not-happening/1

Last Saturday I was at the game. Great entertainment. This is the best Rocket team we've ever had. The attendance is starting to improve. It was over 2000 on Saturday.

Go Rocket Go

PostPosted: February 18th, 2013, 3:36 pm 

An article from a month ago means nothing these days in sports... We have seen teams in the Qmjhl pull this stuff before and I'm pretty sure we will see a team do it this year... There is a team going to move and its either us or CB or ABT... Both of them are denying relocation rumours as well...

Far from the best team... Maybe the best "Pure" PEI team...

As far as attendance goes.. it always rises once snow is on the ground and hockey is back on tv... But main reason for the Big crowd last night is the Mooseheads were in town with a stacked Team! Same as when Brandon Gormley use to bring in about 700 People from down east...

You know when a basketball team is beating us in crowds on most nights there is a problem...

You are right it is entertaining and they are doing stuff to bring people back ... like the deal this weekend. Also having a few boys who can play Island hockey and drop the mits doesn't hurt either. Also mind you 2 of the best players in the Q even if they have cooled down...

Mind you the fact that the Rocket put their order into Reebok for next year which is beacon of hope for the team staying here...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: February 19th, 2013, 10:27 am 
Site Admin (volunteer)

Quote:
Savard quashes another move rumour

Rocket president says the QMJHL team will not be sold and moved to Quebec

The P.E.I. Rocket is not on the move, contrary to rumours circulating on Twitter, said team president and governor Serge Savard Jr.

The report had the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League team being sold and moved to Sorel-Tracy in southwest Quebec. The report originated in Quebec.

“They can write whatever they want. The Rocket is here to make it work in P.E.I.,” Savard told The Guardian Sunday night. “If it was sold, I would just go out in public and say it. Why would I hide?”

Savard said he has been battling rumours the team was moving or sold for years.

Asked by The Guardian if there were any recent talks about moving the team or if people were calling asking to buy the team that could have led to the rumour, Savard said: “No, zero. I don’t know who gets these things (started).”

Savard has heard there is a group interested in putting a team in the Sorel-Tracy area.

It is the second time since Christmas rumours had the Rocket packing up and moving to Quebec. The last time it was for Trois-Rivieres.

A report in the Le Nouvelliste newspaper today said the Shawinigan Cataracts used its veto to block Réal Breton, Bob Hartley, Geoff Molson and their other partners from putting a team in Trois-Rivieres.

Rumours began again recently with officials trying to bring the QMJHL back to Sorel, where the city has agreed to renovate the Colisée.

The rumours had the Rocket being mentioned as the club changing hands.

“We are not salesmen,” Savard told Le Nouvelliste.

“I can swear to you that we never spoke to people about Three-Rivers or Sorel,” he added. “The only group with which we spoke a few years ago, it was that of Jocelyn Thibault, who had called us. If we were interested to sell, there would have been transaction. But no, our priority is and always was that hockey junior functions in Charlottetown.”

Savard told the French newspaper he has an idea why the Rocket is always the team mentioned for relocation.

“(People) can look at the summaries and see where crowd is (lower).”

He added attendance has been better since Christmas and the team had its best crowd in several years Sunday when 2,700 people attended the game against the Halifax Mooseheads.

The team is also rebranding itself with a new name and colours for the 2013-14 season.

Another team that has had low attendance is the Acadie-Bathurst Titan.

Owner Léo-Guy Morrissette said the region has lost thousands of jobs in recent years.

“It is not easy, but it is here that I want to make hockey,” he told Le Nouvelliste. “Titan is in Bathurst to remain there.”

Morrissette said he has not had discussions with the Sorel promoters, nor has he heard from Réal Breton.

He recognizes the financial results of the past years were written with red ink.

Morrissette brought together his partners Friday for a meeting with league president Gilles Courteau and New Brunswick Premier David Alward.

“The common goal is to keep the team with Bathurst,” he said.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: February 19th, 2013, 10:55 am 

Serge was really quick on the draw for this "Rumour" Kudos to him for once!

Profile E-mail